Many times in life we take people for granted because we think that just because they are there, they will always be there. Or we think that just because they are good to us, they owe it to us to be good to us… and then things change and we realize how good we had it, and how much we miss them…
- Parents, when you have good ones it’s easy to assume they’re all good
- Teachers who thought you basic foundational things
- Relatives that helped you at different times in life
- Your first love, who taught you that life could really be sweet
- Your last relationship, whether it was good or bad, you learned something
- Your friends, not everyone has good friends, many people don’t have friends at all
- Money, you think it’s tight now, just imagine you didn’t have any money at all (I know it’s not technically a person)
- Jesus, because he is merciful you think he will always be there
- Your body, if you don’t take care of it, it won’t take care of you
- Your mind, Use it or lose it
- etc. etc. etc.
Who do you take for granted? Think of the people you’ve taken for granted, and do whatever you can to rectify the situation…
* My prayers go out to the people affected by the bomb in Boston. We are all praying for you.