For some reason whenever people (who are not abstinent) talk about those who have decided to be abstinent until marriage one question always seems to crop up:
What if you marry him and you find out that he is impotent????
Aaaarrrrgh the horror!!! (Sarcasm)
Well here is my response:
- I REFUSE to make decisions based on fear (Job 3:25)
- Because fear torments (1 John 4:18)
- God is a merciful God and he won’t do that to me
- Jesus died to redeem me from the curse (Galatians 3:13) – and disease (impotence) is a curse (Deuteronomy 28:15-27)
- Even if that were to happen, I believe in healing and my husband will be healed of this demise ASAP
- By his stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24)
- Bless the Lord who heals all our diseases (Psalm 103: 1-3)
- Even if he were not healed, marriage is so much more than just sex (see previous blog) therefore I will still have a better marriage than all y’all that decided not to be abstinent.
What other responses would you give to people who criticize your decision to be abstinent?
What other reasons have you heard on why it is dangerous not to “test drive” your future spouse?
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)