* The truth about guys from Chad Eastham (featured speaker on Revolve Tour and author of The Truth About Guys) * Behind the scenes of The Word of Promise: The Next Generation, with stars Jordin Sparks, Cody Linley, and Corbin Bleu * Celeb Drama-Trauma * Q&A with Jenna Lucado * Quizzes aimed to increase self-awareness and point readers to Scripture * Free music downloads from Group1Crew, Stellar Kart, and Britt Nicole
This is a great tool* to use in addition to a regular Bible. It kind of reminds me of the Topz devotional (Everyday with Jesus) that I used when I was growing up. The NCV translation is easy to understand (almost a little too easy). The graphics and images are pleasant and attractive. The magazine format makes reading the Bible “cool” again.
- The NCV translation takes away any kind of interpretation from the book – we must remember that the Bible is written to our hearts, and not to our heads.
- There is just something about this Biblezine that loses that concept of “The Holy Bible”- It’s just a tad bit too casual
- While I understand that it is important to be culturally relevant, we must also realize that it is our place to train young ladies in the way they should think…i.e. while talking about boys and stuff might be interesting, it might be better to show why it is not so important to talk about boys and stuff, but instead to focus on God.
In conclusion…it is a nice book. I understand where that there is a struggle for the writers to be interesting and attractive, while remaining true to the word, and for the most part they have achieved this balance.
As long as this Biblezine is not seen as the final word, but a stepping stone, or supplement to other studies in the word, then it will not be too harmful.
* Thomas Nelson provided me with a free copy to review.
For more information and to purchase click here.